Friday 8 May 2015

Review: New Liz Earle Haircare

For the past few weeks I have had the pleasure of trialling Liz Earle's new and improved haircare range*. While haircare has been part of Liz Earle's line for some time it has recently been reformulated and revamped (after one of the key ingredients yangu oil was no longer available due to drought and poor harvests). The new Botanical Shine range has been formulated using Kalahari melon oil, which promises a host of benefits including being light, super hydrating and protecting from heat damage.
 
As before the range has one Botanical Shine Shampoo for all hair types, three conditioners (fine/ oily, normal, dry/ damaged hair) and a nourishing hair oil.
The shampoo is definitely my favourite part of the range as it is super soft, feels lovely to use and smells wonderful. It doesn't strip the hair of moisture and leaves my scalp feeling comfortable. A little goes a long way and rather than adding more product you just need to keep adding water to create a lovely, rich lather, despite it being SLS free.
I have tried all the conditioners and I am a fan of the new formulation. It's not a major change, but they do feel a little more creamy than I remember. As well as the Kalahari melon oil these conditioners contain a blend of meadowfoam oil with extracts of apple and orange to boost shine.
I am usually drawn to the heaviest and richest conditioner I can find as my hair is long, colour treated and has a lot of texture, but I think that these are so hydrating that even the 'normal hair' formula is enough to keep my hair smooth. I love the fact that they are silicone free and rinse out well so my hair is left swishy and soft, but still feels clean with no product build up.
The new Botanical Shine Nourishing Hair Oil contains a beautiful blend of oils, while still feeling light and non greasy. Just one pump is enough to add some smoothness and shine to my hair. I have mainly used it on the mid lengths and ends of towel dried hair and have found that it reduces blow drying time, but it is also light enough to be used to tame frizz or flyaways or condition parched ends when the hair is dry. Unfortunately this oil does have some silicones, so I thought it would be fair to post the ingredients below...
I know I have raved about Liz Earle's skincare throughout the many years of this blog, but I am happy to say that her haircare also does not disappoint! Phew!

Have you tried the new Liz Earle Haircare range? Do you think the new formulations have made a big difference?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig