Friday 22 February 2013

OOTD: Leather Peplum

Although the peplum trend is now somewhat overdone I still have a few pieces that I am very hesitant to move to the back of the wardrobe. For a curvy girl peplums are just so flattering, while they give athletic figures a feminine shape, making them easy to wear and extremely versatile.

I love the leather pleating of this peplum jacket as it creates volume, while accentuating your waist. I paired mine with a midi tube dress from ASOS to play up the proportions.

There are so many ways of wearing peplum, and I can't think of a bigger fan than Miss Kardashian...

Are you a fan of peplum? How do you wear yours? xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. i love peplum... either pair it with super skinny jeans or a pencil skirt... love the jacket

    eye---candii.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peplum and i will keep loving it for the rest of time haha! x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peplum style is very cute and can make an otherwise bland outfit a little more unique. I don't own any but I'm looking for something cute with that style because I think it would be very flattering on my body type. It looks super cute on you as well!

    xo, Sarah
    http://www.hustlababy09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the peplum style, but I don't think it's very flattering on girls who have thicker thighs. I personally don't think it looks flattering at all on Kim, it seems to make her look larger than she is. It's a good way to hide a tummy if you have one, but if you have wide hips and/or thicker thighs I don't think it's a good fashion choice. But hey, that's just me :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do think peplum is really cute. I only own one or two items at the moment that are peplum, but I'd like to get more. Kohl's have some cute peplum cardigans I'd like to stock up on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love your jacket! Where is it from?xx

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig