Wednesday 28 March 2012

Review: The Chelsea Day Spa Boutique

Last year the team behind the fabulous The Chelsea Day Spa on the King’s Road opened their sister spa The Chelsea Day Spa Boutique on Hollywood Road, SW10. The new salon is smaller and more intimate, but still offers a great range of face, body and nail treatments in its three cosy treatment rooms and nail bar.
The spa’s team of highly qualified therapists are trained in Darphin and HydroPeptide luxury facials, plus personalised Aromatherapy, Swedish, Hot Stone and Deep Tissue massages. The salon also offers basic personal grooming and express treatments for both men and women, which includes waxing with Perron Rigot, eye lash and brow tinting, plus express manicures/pedicures and ‘everlasting’ gels with Jessica.
I was kindly invited to The Chelsea Day Spa Boutique to experience one of Darphin's signature facials, which are priced at £85 for 60 minutes.

On arrival I was offered some lemon water while I filled out the usual forms relating to any allergies or medications. I was then taken to my treatment room, which was cosy, but quite small. After I had made myself comfortable the therapist  performed what she called 'a welcome ritual', which is a light foot massage to begin the relaxation process. She then analysed my skin and noticed that it was looking rather oily in the t-zone, with some slight dehydration in the cheeks and around the eyes. My appointment was at 7pm, so after being on the go all day I was definitely looking very shiny! As I had expressed some concerns about a few developing blemishes my therapist recommended The Lemon & Lavender Deep Cleansing Treatment, which is described as a deep purifying and detoxifying treatment for all skin types that refines pores and leaves complexion refreshed, sparkling clean, clear and bright.
She began by thoroughly removing all makeup and then cleansing the face, neck and chest twice with Darphin's Purifying Foam Gel (£17.10). This felt very light and cooling on the skin, leaving it feeling fresh and clean. She then followed with an exfoliator and Darphin's Mild Aroma Peeling (£24.30) to gently remove impurities. While the mask was doing its magic I was given a head massage, which felt wonderfully relaxing. After this she applied the Soothing Eye Contour Mask (£31.50) and performed two types of facial massage (lymph drainage) with Darphin's Niaouli Aromatic Care Elixir, which smells absolutely amazing. To balance the oil in my skin, while making sure it remains hydrated, she also used the Skin Mat Balancing Serum (£40.50) and Matifying Lotion (£34.20).
The whole treatment lasted just over an hour and I left feeling very relaxed, while my skin looked clear and fresh. I could feel that the products really saturated and plumped my skin, yet it didn't feel greasy or look shiny in the slightest. After five hours I can see that my skin still looks on the healthy side of matte, with a subtle glow void of any oiliness.

The The Chelsea Day Spa Boutique is a lovely little salon, and given that it is practically on my doorstep I will definitely be visiting again. It provides a great selection of treatments at comparatively reasonable prices using an impeccable range of products. Plus, it is open till 8pm Mon-Thurs, which makes it a perfect evening antidote to a hectic week! While looking through their website I stumbled upon their Daily Deals page and found that they often offer discounts on their treatments. Their current deal is TWO 60 minute Rejuvenating Facials for £85 (originally priced at £170), but I think this may change daily to give you lots of options!


Have you ever visited the The Chelsea Day Spa or The Chelsea Day Spa Boutique? Do you treat yourself to regular facials? Are you a fan of Darphin products? Which are your favourites? xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. i have never been, but a day spa sounds like heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I appreciate your speculating as it attracts people’s attention and make this topic discussable. Chicago Day Spa

      Delete
  2. I've been to the Kings Road branch twice and both times the nail practitioner had a serious attitude problem- two different practitioners! That, and the time I got a massage here, the treatment area was in the same space as reception- I'm not kidding! So phones ringing, people coming in and out.. Not the most relaxing experience. It's a shame, because this place has a lot of points in its favour, but I'm certainly not going back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you so much for sharing this informative post and for sharing your services with us. I'll be looking forward for your other posts as well. Keep it up and more power to you and your business. What a great post! What You Should Know About Day Spas: Not all day spas give manicures and pedicures; medical spas perform treatments like laser resurfacing, photo facials and Botox alongside traditional spa services; very small day spas won't have steam, sauna and Jacuzzis. Think about whether that's important for your spa experience. Dolce Med Spa & Boutique is a 5,000 sq.ft. luxury spa in Hanover, MA that offers exceptional, five-star spa services for men and women. We offer advanced skin care, injectables, laser treatments, massage therapy, facials, peels, body treatments, makeup and spray tan services which allow you to relax, revive, and rejuvenate. Dolce Med Spa has a Tuscan ambiance which provides a warm and healing environment.
    Day Spa Duxbury

    ReplyDelete
  4. this information is totally unique and other best thing is that the entire information is based on reality. Nice peice of work. I really appreciate the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the a good place to relax after a long week of work.


    Breast Enhancement and Enlargement Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://botoxorlando.net/Nice blog.I really appreciate your blog.Thanks for information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I completely agree with commentators totally nice
    Very interesting article that you’ve posted. It’s been a while since I posted in my G+ account.Found the views to be quite informative and intriguing. Thanks for sharing.hoboken spa

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig